Curved Railing w/Heavy Twisted Pickets, Surrey, B.C., Portfolio Feature #10
This ultra, heavyweight entryway railing was a really unique and amazing piece that we created for some amazing customers of ours. This railing was dressed up to the nines. And while it didn’t need to be curved, we curved it because it was what made the customer happy. We also added 1″ solid square steel pickets because we thought they would really look amazing on this design.
This railway’s design process.
The curved railing style is traditional and is the highlight of it’s time. The curve in this railing is (now a days) done with a machine. However, given this railing’s heritage, we placed it in the forge and curved it by hand. And that’s what makes this design stand out.
Some of the Materials we used.
- 2 1/2 moulded cap rail for the top
- 1” solid steel custom twisted pickets
- 1/4 x 1 1/2 bottom rail
- 2″ HSS tubing for the posts
- cast iron covers to cover the base plates and finish the project off
- and painted with an exterior epoxy paint in a semi matte finish